GAUSSI Faculty in the News, Professor Dan Sloan investigates plant genomes with two new grants!
Adam Heck awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
Mike Mangalea and Nadia Vieira Sampaio awarded 2016 Graduate Student Showcase Top Scholar prizes
Zach Fox awarded VPR 2017 Fellowship in Scott College of Engineering
2017-2018 GAUSSI fellowships awarded! Caleb Begly, Charlotte Cialek, Shaun Cross, Bridget Eklund, Jessie Filer, Mike Mangalea, Alex Mauro, & Daniel Jonas.
GAUSSI Fellowship Expectations:
- Engage in creative research activities involving generation and/or analysis of large datasets
- Within 18 months of beginning fellowship:
- Present a minimum of 1 abstract at regional or national meeting, OR
- Submit 1 manuscript for publication in a refereed journal or a conference
- Attend ALL GAUSSI group meetings, seminars, and activities
- Present, as requested, on research results
- Participate in Outreach Activities in K-12 setting
- Attend a minimum of 4 relevant workshops/seminars offered on-campus, sent out on GAUSSI Gazette.
- Complete GRAD 550
- Participate in GAUSSI Summer Symposium
- Attend GAUSSI Orientation
- Successfully complete GAUSSI sponsored courses, relevant to research areas
- Attend and participate in all Career Planning Program activities
- Serve as a professional, collegial representative of the GAUSSI program at on and off campus activities.
- Mentor junior researchers and undergraduate students
- Continue collaborative relationships, engage in GAUSSI program activities throughout graduate studies at CSU, after fellowship has ended
- Search out collaborative relationships on CSU campus related to research activities.\
- Adhere to guidance of graduate advisor in course selection and research priorities