- 2018-2019 GAUSSI fellowships awarded! Aeriel Belk, Alyssa Melvin, Dayton Pierce, Julius Stuart, Luke Schwerdtfeger, Lyndsey Gray, Michael May, Sere Williams, & Steven Lakin.
- Reyes Murrieta awarded NIH Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Fellowship
- Bridget Eklund & Adam Heck awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
- Aeriel Belk & Heather Deel awarded NIJ Graduate Research Fellowships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
GAUSSI Travel Grant Application Details
GAUSSI Trainees may request financial support to supplement other funding to cover travel expenses related to their research. Trainees must be present a poster or oral presentation if attending a conference. Travel requests must be submitted prior to travel occurring. For additional questions, please contact Kate Sherrill.
By submitting a request for travel, you agree to the following:
- Acknowledge the partial support from GAUSSI by including the following statement in your presentation and/or any future publications directly related to the results from internship/externship: “The work reported here was partially supported by a National Science Foundation grant (DGE-1450032). Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.”
- Fully participate in GAUSSI program activities for the entire academic year, including presenting on your travel endevours at a GAUSSI bi-weekly meeting. Program participation is required both before and after your proposed travel activities.
- Secure funding from other sources and provide a budget with details of all cost associated with the travel when submitting your request. GAUSSI travel grants are not intended to be the primary source of financial support; funds provided by GAUSSI are to used to supplement funding. Please note all sources of funding for your trip, including any personal funds.
Please complete the following application for consideration.